I think I'm finally through all of the pictures from Hawaii. It was clearly amazing, I can't wait to go back. There are so many things we still want to see and do, and experience. I'd highly recommend going when you get a chance. We loved Kauai. The Honolulu airport, not so much. We would definitely recommend not using Go! Mokulele airlines, especially not on a weekend. We spent about 8 hours in the airport waiting on them.
Snorkeling- for my first time- I had so much fun! Just be aware of things like riptides. We snorkeled in places that were protected from the waves. It was like swimming in a giant fish tank The fish were so amazingly colorful. I was blown away. And obviously the turtles were so much fun to watch! We tried as much as possible to keep a safe distance and not harass the wildlife, they beg to be followed though. They're just sooo cute!
Hiking- yeah, there's lots of places we want to go hiking still. I think Waimea canyon looks like it could have some amazing trails. And of course the NaPali coast. Kayaking we saw it, but I was kind of really scared, what with the waves and the drowning. (didn't drown. Only fell out once. But it was actually a very calm day.)
Also- I don't know if watching Perfect Get Away before you go is a good idea... We successfully weren't stalked by serial killers, so that's a good thing. But maybe watch: the Survivors, Blue Pacific, the 4th Pirates movie... Jurassic Park
Limahuli National Tropical Botanical Garden was awesome. We finally got a feel for the culture and rich traditions of the Hawaiian people from a historical, archaeological point of view. And finally figuring out what all of the crazy beautiful plants were was important to me. Makes you think about what sort of impact we're having on these places when we visit.
Let us know if you're planning to go- we'll give you all kinds of tips. The guidebook we used the most was pretty helpful, and it's name escapes me right now. It's blue and green and has a picture of the island on the front. Ha. that's helpful.
No comments:
Post a Comment