 |
| out of focus. |
 |
| Still working on my piping skills... One looks really good, the others not so much. |
 |
| Key Lime cream filled center |
First of all, I love Key Lime. I wasn't sure if this cupcake was going to do my favorite pie justice. Surprisingly it was quite lovely. I did miss graham cracker goodness. Tim thought the frosting could have been tweaked, he was thinking the coconut frosting would be good with it. I personally like to mix toasted coconut into my graham cracker crusts for my key lime pies, so I can totally picture that combo. I think I like Key Lime more than the average bear, so I was good with Key Lime frosting and Key Lime filling.
So instead of just putting the key lime cream on top of the cupcake I had Tim pipe it into the center of the cupcake, I'm totally down with that.
My coworkers liked them but not as much as they liked the Double Coconut Cupcakes. I guess the whole refrigeration aspect of this cupcake is a problem. August is a fairly warm month. So, delicious, I will probably try to make these again, but not for the reception I guess.
Your frosting looks really loose - that will make a difference when you are piping. I'm having our sister show me some stuff while she's here.
ReplyDeleteLove you!
I probably put too much Key Lime juice in with the frosting, that's probably a factor. I barely had enough to cover my cupcakes, so I made big swirls toward the end of the batch.
ReplyDelete