3.12.2011

cupcakes with a cheese cakey center

The strawberries photographed very well

I decided not to pipe the frosting on, just used an offset spatula. I think if we did these piping would look nicer. But the recipe book said they should be refrigerated- so maybe not?
So instead of doing just plain cream cheese chunks and strawberry jam, I took cream cheese, mixed it with sour cream, some sugar, some strawberry jam and then baked that into the cupcake- definitely more cheesecakey.
These were gone the next day. The maintenance guys, interp staff, and entrance station folk ate them really quickly. Everyone liked them a lot. Tim and I think the cupcake didn't have a lot of strawberry flavor.

1 comment:

  1. And this is where there are benefits to being slower :-)...

    I like your take on the cheesecake portion. I think the reason they need to be chilled is because of the fruit - so maybe that's a last minute addition?

    My testers seemed to prefer the blueberry to the strawberry - what say you?

    ReplyDelete