4.09.2011

Toasted Almond with carmely maple-y frosting

Flash!


No Flash!
I found that these cupcakes were very light and fluffy. I toasted the almonds a little too long, didn't read the instructions that said to fold them into the batter, and couldn't tell that they were actually in the cake. So I think I wouldn't chop them as fine next time.
I tried the Salted Caramel frosting that the Californian Sister linked to on her blog. Complete and utter fail. I tried three times to get the sugar and cream to mix after carmelizing in the pan. All I got was hard somewhat burnt sugar in a puddle of vanilla and cream. So then I tried the carmel frosting that was from Allrecipes.com that was suggested after I couldn't get the first one to work. The one I ended up getting to work has butter, brown sugar, vanilla, cream, and powdered sugar. I beat the crap out of the frosting while it was still warm when I was adding the powdered sugar so that I wouldn't get that gritty texture I heard about. So far, the three people I heard from really liked them. (btw, who doesn't like cupcakes?) But the frosting was more maple-y I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment