4.02.2012

Costa Rica- part 3: Punta Uva!

one example of the bright colors people paint their houses. I'd go turquoise probably...

Our casita!
Lobster claw heliconia

Tim seems unconcerned that this spider is about to eat his face.
I love how this thing grows!
Some pretty decent seafood here

None of the restaurants were enclosed, everything is pretty much open air.
first glimpse of the ocean, first chance to walk in the sand!

Punta Uva Beach. just lovely.
Hi!

This is a sea grape- I'm pretty sure, but it's what gave Punta Uva its name.

There were people surfing on the other side of this
And this is where I was attacked by mosquitos. I counted approximately 75 bites when we got home.


I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts!

Check out the roots on this tree. So neat!

Ginger! Ornamental, but still!

I love the bromeliads growing in the thatched roof!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely seafood, hmmmm?? Did you partake??

    Looks like you had a grand time. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete